I enjoyed taking this slimy quest! I'd love to play a commercial game with some of the pong-to-platformer mechanics of this!
A Slimy Quest
A Slimy Quest
A Slimy Quest is a hybrid 2D Platformer with combat and pong mechanics.
You control a 'cute' little slime and venture through a deadly dungeon operated by the evil Wizard Matlet!
Vanquish him AND BECOME THE WORLD PONG CHAMPION! Or don't, do what you want.
|As Platforming Slime:||Action|
|Left & Right Arrow Keys||Move Left/Right|
|A & D Keys||Move Left/Right|
|Escape||Exits Game (windows)|
|As Pong Paddle||Action|
|Up & Down Arrow Keys||Move Up/Down|
|Left & Right Arrow Keys||Fire Slime Ball Left or Right|
|A & D Keys||Fire Slime Ball Left or Right|
|Space bar||Eject out of the paddle.|
- GameMaker 1.4.9 - Game Engine used to build this video game.
- Bfxr - Sound Creation Software. Used to make most sound effects in game.
- Beepbox - Web-based Chiptune Music creation tool.
- Piskel - Free online pixel-based sprite editor used to make every sprite in the game. (Besides the squares, those were made in GameMaker).
- KongText - (Windows Version Only ATM) A wonderful font made by codeman38. (This is fulfilling the license requirement outlined in the download for the font).
- https://github.com/MilanDonhowe/SlimyQuest - This repository contains all the assets, scripts and other materials used in the making of this video game.
Word of Warning:
The HTML version is more buggy as the game was initially made for Windows. I would recommend using the Windows version if you have the option.
- Extract zip file.
- Run the .exe file
- If Windows Defender Pops Up click "More Info"
- Then click "Run Anyway"
- Enjoy! ESC to exit.
- Lift OFF!Nov 25, 2018